Father’s Day is this Sunday the 20th!
Don’t forget to think of a little something for papa.
Things that come to my mind are:
-super dark high quality chocolate (real low in sugar)
-a book or gift certificate for Barnes and Noble or some other book store
-your company and undivided attention (many dads welcome this kind of gift)
-dry wine (if he likes wine)
-tickets to a sporting event he would enjoy
Notice these things are either low carb or not edible.
“Give him a healthy low-carb gift basket:
- Well Baskets has a lovely healthy all-natural Father’s Day diabetic gift basket loaded with vitamin and nutrient-rich snacks specifically for Dad’s with type 2 diabetes. Contents include smoked salmon, pistachios, artisana nut butter and more! Does your Dad love golf? They have a golfer-themed diabetic basket too!
- Does your diabetic Dad love to BBQ? CarbSmart has a great low-carb BBQ gift basket that includes all-natural meat seasoning rubs, salsa and guacamole mix, reduced sugar ketchup, and much more! Also included is an autographed copy of Dana Carpender’s The Low-Carb Barbecue Book.
Show him you care about his health with a magazine subscription:
- Men’s Health is a one-stop guide to fitness, nutrition, weight-loss and more. With tons of tips and healthy all-natural guides, this magazine is a great read for all men – including those with type 1 & type 2 diabetes! Click here to enter your Dad for a chance to win a Weber Genesis EP-310 gas grill or click here for subscription information.
- Diabetes Forecast is the American Diabetes Association’s healthy living magazine with information about news, research, food & recipes and more. For a free trial issue and subscription information click here.
- Is your Dad newly diagnosed with diabetes? Diabetes Self Management magazine is a great source for learning about insulin, blood sugar monitoring and control. Click here to receive a free internet trial issue and to learn more about subscribing.
Honor him with a donation:
- Make a tax-deductible donation to the American Diabetes Association in honor of your Dad this Father’s Day to fund research and find a cure for diabetes. They’ll send him a personalized email or card with your message to announce your caring support.”
The Examiner June 15th 2010
I LOVE these ideas! Nice job Aimey!