A fellow girl with type 1 diabetes emailed me saying “You seem like a complex person, would you mind answering some meme questions on your blog just for fun and so we get to know you better?” These were the questions. I admit I can seem complicated, even to myself, and I think it’s sweet that someone would want to learn more about me so here goes:
- Were you named after anyone? My dad got the idea for my name from reading about the Austrian empress, Sissy. Sissy was her nickname, her real name was Maria Elizabeth. Maria Elizabeth is my mom’s name. So yeah :) I believe that’s how the story goes.
- When did you last cry? When I saw Aladdin. I have this newly discovered problem of crying at every single Disney movie I watch. So cheesy, I know.
- Do you like your handwriting? You know…I really did until I started typing so much. Now my handwriting is cramped and lazy like. Chock it up to a condition of modern times.
- What is your favorite lunch meat? Ham I guess…but it’s so slimy…eww
- Kids? Two gorgeous two and a half year old boy/girl twins that couldn’t be more different.
- If you were another person, would you be friends with you? I hope so!
- Do you have a journal? Yes, have since I was 9.
- Do you use sarcasm a lot? I do. Sometimes, my humor is so dry people miss my jokes. Oops.
- Would you bungee jump? I don’t think so…
- What is your favorite cereal? Cap’n Crunch or Honey Grahams or Muesli, but I never eat any.
- Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No, that takes too long. Granted I have to untie my shoes before tying them on next go round.
- Do you think you are strong? Sometimes. My husband says that his favorite thing about me is my strong character.
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor? I love them all. Truly.
- Shoe size 6.5
- What is your least favorite thing about yourself? How anxious and self conscious I can get around people.
- Who do you miss the most? Kids from high school. I took them for granted when I knew them.
- What color pants and shoes are you wearing? No pants or shoes here! Grey robe and grey and white striped knee high socks, I’m freezing!
- Last thing you ate? Sardines with a piece of flat bread and some green beans and broccoli.
- Favorite drinks? I love so many lol. Water with lemon, tea, diet coke, eggnog, scotch whiskey, tequila, fresh juice, hot chocolate, milkshakes, coffee…I could live off of liquids!
- Favorite sport? Soccer
- Eye color? Dark brown with amber rings.
- Hat size? I don’t know but I have a small head lol
- Do you wear contacts? Yep
- Favorite food? 50 different foods tie for this honor and I can’t diminish the others by naming one.
- Last movie you watched at home (a VHS or DVD that you own)? The Wedding Singer lol
- Last movie you watched at the theater? Inception-yeah, it’s been that long!
- Summer or Winter? Summer.
- Favorite dessert? Quesillo. It’s like flan but richer with more eggs and more burnt sugar caramel.
- What did you watch last night on TV? New Girl, that show cracks me up, that ridiculous Schmidt is a keeper!
- Favorite sounds? music
- Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles
- Furthest you’ve been from home? hmm…I suppose when I visited my old home, Venezuela
- What’s your special talent? I have extremely good intuition, if I do say so myself
- When and where were you born? 3pm June 1st on the western side of Venezuela.
- What is the most romantic thing someone has done for you? Stayed after I showed all my colors.
- What was your proudest childhood moment? Looking back, something I didn’t think anything of then but am proud of now, is when I was 13, I started a girl seniority group with friends. I still have the sheet of paper I typed up which stated our mission and purpose. We called ourselves “The Sisters of Culture” because together we represented different cultures, races, ethnicities, socioeconomic levels, and religions, and yet we were all good friends. We even met up once a month at someone’s house, ate chocolate cookies that we baked together, and discussed ways that we could spread our message. It didn’t last long. Some girls moved away, some no longer stayed friends. But, I am still proud of us for coming up with that. :)
- Stay home or go out? I used to say stay home but that’s all I’ve done for three years so let’s GO OUT!!!
- What type was your first car?
- Name four jobs you’ve had in your life?
- Chick Fil A (I took orders at the drive through)
- Customer service rep Miss Utility call before you dig!
- Training Specialist and Culture Specialist for manufacturing plant
40. If you could have any job, what would it be?
I’m doing it! Oh and being a holistic counselor, which I will start doing really soon!
41. What are you most afraid of?
Something happening to one of my kids.
43. What are the best places you have ever been?
The woods in Damascus Virginia, Aruba beaches, I love Washington D.C, Cancun beaches were very pretty, too…
44. What’s your favorite new food?
goat cheese, avocado, sprouts, wrapped up with lettuce, mmm…
45. What’s your natural hair color?
the color of 60% cacao dark chocolate
46. Favorite CD?
Eric Clapton Unplugged
47. Favorite Restaurant?
This place I ate twice at during my honeymoon in Mexico, the BEST fish and salad ever, aughh!!!
48. Favorite sport to watch?
soccer and baseball
49. What four still-airing TV shows do you love to watch?
- Greys Anatomy
- Modern Family
50. Favorite TV show of all time?
Omg do you remember the show Ghostwriter??? Omg! I loved that show so much!
51. How many pets do you have?
52. What is your favorite board game?
I hate board games, but I lose to Alex in scrabble and monopoly all the time.
53. Least favorite color?
burnt orange…and YET the other day I saw an Infiniti something or other and it stopped me dead in my tracks at the super market. I was stunned by it’s beauty, shape, and color (burnt orange). I’ve never admired a vehicle in my entire life before this. Normally, I couldn’t care less about cars and what they look like! Clearly, having children has wrecked my poor brain.
54. Do you like to drive fast?
Who doesn’t!? Not that I do it…but if I could get on a race track…oh boy that’d be some fun there
55. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
That’s not a half bad description of Alex…come to think of it….(just kidding!)
56. What’s under your bed?
God only knows, that’s where I shove things while “picking up”.
57. If you could meet one person dead or alive who would it be?
Ben Franklin or Albert Einstein or Deepak Chopra. We would drink scotch, eat hor d’oeuvres and talk philosophy for hours and hours.
58. Storms: cool or scary?
Well they cause destruction sometimes so that is scary and unfortunate but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I have always been in awe of them :)