I love the study of nutrition…
- Because I’ve learned food is medicine
- Because what we eat influences what we think. A world that eats high quality food is a world that has more positivity, love, and patience.
- Because what we eat communicates directly with our genes. What we eat is information. And that information helps determine what diseases we’ll develop or not develop and what health issues our children will be predisposed to or not predisposed to.
- Because to be sick we either have too much or too little of something. And a huge chunk of that has to do with food and all that’s in it or not in it.
- Because the more we know and apply, the better we feel. The better we feel, the more we can do. The more we can do, well…the sky is the limit.
As people with diabetes, I think we benefit enormously from learning about nutrition because when you have a chronic disease that impacts every part, every organ of the body, you need all the help you can get. We eat every single day and so every day is an opportunity to give ourselves something that will make us healthier, stronger, smarter, and happier. The right foods do that. And I think it’s amazing.